Their taste is a unique mixture, sweeter than the traditional purple passion fruit with a hint of banana.
Fruits are eaten raw, or processed for juices, desserts, and flavorings.
Traditional Uses and benefits of Banana Passion fruit
- It is a good herbal remedy for headaches.
- It is a good herbal treatment for brain disorders like hysteria and epilepsy.
- Tea prepared from passion fruit helps in treating Insomnia (Sleeplessness).
- The fruit has a high amount of Vitamin A that is important for good Eyesight.
- It is a good herbal remedy for hay fever.
- Passion fruit tea is a good herbal remedy for anxiety.
- The fruit extract is good for fighting Lung and Mouth Cancer.
- Fruit juice is helpful in combating Digestive Problems (Stomach Ache, Vomiting, etc.), gastric problems (Anorexia, Flatulence, etc.) and has a relaxing effect.
- The fruit is a good herbal remedy for countering heart attacks. The fruit helps in controlling Heart Rate.
- Potassium present in the fruit controls blood pressure. The Passion Fruit is a good herbal treatment for maintaining blood pressure.
- Polyphenols present in the fruit seeds relaxes the Blood Vessels.
- Passion Fruit is rich in Piceatannol and Scirpusin B content that helps in maintaining the Immune System and protects the body from the free radical formation.
- Passion fruit cures Anemia.
- It is a good herbal remedy for the Skin. It halts premature aging.
- Its fruit is a good herbal treatment for respiratory ailments like wheezing and cough.
- It also helps in combating the problem of asthma.
- Magnesium present in the fruit is good for the Bones.
- Fruit contains dietary fibers, which helps in removing cholesterol from the body. Since it reduces Cholesterol it aids in weight loss.
- It helps to regulate Bowel Movement and stops Bowel Problem as well as Hemorrhoids.
- Its leaves are used in the treatment of menopause symptoms.
Where Can I buy Banana passion Fruit in Kenya?
Order Online for home delivery at The Fresh Market